Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finishing

I've been on a finishing kick lately. I know, I know, its a problem we should all have! I'm actually quite thrilled with how many projects I've been finishing lately that have turned out just how I wanted them. I feel that the knitting powers that be are looking kindly on my endeavors.

Finished in the last 2 weeks:
Kriselle's dress is finally done! The skirt has so many increases that it feels never ending, but its cute now that it's done. I can't wait to see it on her.

R2-D2s- all 10 R2s are done! I'm up to 23 completed wedding favors!

Started and subsequently finished in the last 2 weeks:
Yarnbombing! I've been wanting to participate in some yarn bombing for ages, and I finally did- this is my section, to be added with others to an undisclosed location (Dedham Square) today.

Wire Bracelet: at the BASD meeting, we had a little workshop about knitting with wire and beads, and this cuff is the result. I really like how it turned out, though I think the wire was a thicker than ideal gauge and hard to work with. I have some other ideas to explore in the world of knit jewelry!

Nina's squares: these 2 squares are my contribution to a large group blanket to provide comfort in a difficult time.

Started in the last 2 weeks: (I told you, I've been busy!)
Wall-E: The next set of favors is underway. This pattern is going to require a lot of modification- 20 peices for a 4" amigurimi? I don't believe in sewing up.

Nic & Jess's wedding blanket: This entrelac beauty will (hopefully) be finished in time for their wedding. The purple represents Jess, and the orange represents Nic.

Cynthia's muppet blanket: My first large project in Afghan Stitch. Her first child got a blanket with a skull and crossbones, so this one gets a blanket with a biohazard symbol!

Still coming along:
The wedding veil: It goes and goes, and is down now to about 30 (very long) rows remaining.

Sailing Cross-stitch- up to almost 2 letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment