Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A winner, shop updates, and TDF recap!

To begin with, the moment I know you've been waiting for- the announcement of the winner of my prize drawing! Toridanielle- congrats on winning an ounce of hand combed Merino top! Everyone else- thanks for entering, and I do have more prizes planned in the future so keep watching the blog.

I also have brand new fiber in the shop- 5 gorgeous alpaca fleeces, washed and ready for your spinning pleasure! In addition to the new fleeces, I have a lot of sale and clearance items in nearly every category in the shop, particularly vintage patterns. Also, all yarn is on clearance, 40% off- that's all the hand spun and hand painted yarns, silk, alpaca, wool, sock yarn, you name it- 40% off!



Finally, I wanted to recap Tour de Fleece... I did manage to spin every day of the tour except the rest days, which was quite an accomplishment considering how busy my month was! But, that bison down takes FOREVER to spin.. $#@% short staple length... So, I didn't even finish the bison, much less the cashmere and wool I wanted to finish! I did make good progress though, and I'll try to keep up spinning a little every day and eventually I'll have some beautiful bison yarn. I did get to spin in some interesting places though, including the banks of the Charles River on the 4th of July, in front of the Manhattan skyline, and while waiting to watch Book of Mormon on Broadway. How was your tour de fleece? Did you meet your goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment