Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Great Rhody, and other fun things.

I've been trying my hand at cross stitch recently, and made this little gift for Ryan! I love it! I know, I know... I've already got plenty of fiber related hobbies... but that's never stopped me before.


I spent Sunday exploring Rhode Island with new yarnie friends for the Great Rhody Yarn Crawl- we visted several stores, including Sakonnet Purls, which is right next to a great winery, Sakonnet vineyard, and both are well worth the drive. I got 2 new cross stitch patterns there, and supplies for one of them. (I told you I fell in love with it!) We had great fun with "Back Alley Woodworks"- really, who wouldn't have fun with that? and stopped for lunch at a pub with outstanding chowder, fish and chips, and a thorough beer list. I could have just called it a day and stayed there, but Slater Mill was calling... so we wrapped up the day by not winning anything in the raffle, and I got the most adorable pair of penguin topped needles from Serendipity, and rainbow BFL/silk fluff from Play at Life Fiber. A great day of fiber and entertainment! AND, to top it off, with several hours in a car to kill, I turned the heels on both of my socks, which means they are officially actually socks now!





Last bit for today- new items in the SALE section on etsy, for 20% off, for April only. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment