Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Knitting

Are you slacking on holiday knitting as much as I am this year?

I gave up on trying to knit for everyone on my list years ago, but this year I still have a couple of small special things in mind- 2 to be precise. And I haven't started either one. I know, I know.

If you're not done with your holiday knitting either, join me this Wednesday night for fun and knitting, wine and snacks, and any help you might need with figuring out your projects! All the fun is at Sheepskate, 549 High St, Dedham, MA Wednesday Dec 7 from 6:30-9. Its a $10 drop in, or call 781-320-9276 ahead to reserve your spot!

So what am I doing instead of knitting my gifts? Well, I have been working on my veil and my hexipuffs, and an army of Yodas (more on all of that later this week). Instead I've been cooking! The last few weeks have been filled with frustrations as I had a series of failures with yeast breads. Yesterday I finally decided to give it another go, and tried a new recipe for pasta dough, and it worked! Rolled out easily, and I made a delicious butternut and ricotta ravioli with a pesto cream sauce. I realize pasta isn't yeasty, but my recent attempts at that have been sticky, too dry, and extremely thick, respectively.

Today, heartened by that success, I decided to give bread another go- and today I made an "American Sandwich Bread" a simple white bread with milk and honey- and it rose (!) and baked (!) and now I'm just waiting for it to cool to give it the real test- eating! There's a grilled cheese sandwich in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment